Covid-19 finds most of us staying in with plenty of time. We believe that it’s very important we bring joyful vibes to our home since we spend most of the time in it. Reorganizing our stuff is the first step and maybe the most important one. Maybe you’ve already deep cleaned your kitchen or your closet, but what about your jewelry? Today we are sharing with you 5+1 pro tips to easily reorganize your jewelry without drama. Let’s go…
1. Make groups: Take them all out on a big surface, your bed, table, or on the floor. Having them all together will help you separating them easier into smaller groups. Now think: You can either group them by color (eg all gold jewelry together), or by category (eg all earrings together). Remember that there is no “right” or “wrong” way. All you have to do is find a way to group them so you can easily find what you need and can visualize what you have when you are shopping. This will be helpful not to purchase duplicates of items you may already have.
2. Keep pieces you love: If your jewelry box is filled with items you haven’t worn in ages, how are you ever going to find those pieces you actually like? Make sure you keep the items you love and choose to wear! If something is sentimental but you never wear it, keep it separately in a special box.
3. Fix & clean: As you are going through all your jewelry, if you notice broken or discolored pieces, set a goal to get them fixed and cleaned. If you don’t make it a priority to fix them, you’ll probably won’t make it a priority to actually wear them.
4. Create routines: When you finish with categorizing everything, it is time to set up easy systems, or as we like to say “routines”. You have to create a flow of how your jewelry is going to be selected and put back again every day. For example if you keep a jewelry dish to collect your rings at the end of the day, do you find yourself putting back all your jewelry in that dish? That means that this routine isn’t working for you. Routines must be easy for you to maintain every day.
5. Storage: Earrings, rings, and bracelets can be easily stored inside boxes. For necklaces, it would be better if you could hang them. In that way, you can pick them up easily and you’ll keep them untangled. If you are in the mood for shopping jewelry cases check out the glass ones. Not only are they very chic, you can easily check as well the pieces stored in them. Needless to say that your jewelry must be stored in closed boxes or cases and away from damp areas (such as the bathroom).
6. Extra tip: Try placing your jewelry boxes near your closet or dresser/vanity. It will be much easier to grab your favorite ones every day!
When you are done, take a photo and send it to our social media (Facebook, Instagram) with us to see the result. See you at the next blog post!
PIN THIS TO COME BACK TO IT