Should we put our jewelry on before or after perfume? Is the bathroom a good place to store them? Can we clean them without the fear of tarnishing? How can we untangle jewelry chains?
In this blog post, we are going deep and we are sharing our best tricks and tips for taking care of our jewelry. Read on and be honest… Are you guilty of any of the following?
- Maintenance | The first and maybe the most important thing to do to make your jewelry last longer: Avoid contact with liquids and chemicals. We know that sometimes it is hard to remember taking off your rings or bracelets before washing your hands, but if you do you’ll see for yourself that it’ll make a major difference. The more you take them off, the more you’ll get used to this practice. Jewelry should not get in touch with perfumes (wait a couple of minutes after perfuming, before putting your jewelry on), body lotions, and water (that includes showering and swimming).
- Store | Almost all jewelry has to be stored in closed boxes or displays. Damp areas, such as the bathroom, is not a good option. At this point, silica gel packets are your best friends. Put them in your jewelry boxes and they will do their magic: They will absorb moisture, postpone tarnishing and keep your jewelry shiny!
Special tip for pearl jewelry: Keep your pearl jewelry stored away in a closed box for too long, can dehydrate and damage them. Pearls love to be worn!
- Wipe after use | Use a dry soft cloth to gently wipe your jewelry after you’ve worn it. This will keep it shining and remove the body oils, perfume, lotions, makeup, perspiration, or dirt that over time will damage the finish on your jewelry.
Keep in mind that silver and gold jewelry need special treatment: Use our magic polishing cloth, that comes to you for free in every order, to clean gold and sterling silver, and never use tissues or paper towels. Check our blog post to find out more about how to use our polishing cloth.
- Untangling jewelry chains | Baby powder will help you easily untangle jewelry chains. Sprinkle the powder on the chain and pull it apart with a pin.
- Last but not least, we recommend you wear your favorite jewelry as much as possible, this can help it from tarnishing. Your jewelry should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off every day!
See you at the next blog post! 💋
PIN THIS TO COME BACK TO IT